Wednesday, February 7, 2007

What Are You Worrying For?

This past Sunday at Rock Harbor they spoke to us about our worries. How we all have something we are worried about. Towards the end of the service, we were told to write down everything we were worried about on one side of the paper. My side was quickly filled up and I discovered that I had many worries, some material, some emotional, and some spiritual. Then, on the other side of the paper we were to write what we felt would take care of our worries. I had a few of those, just thoughts on what I think would make my life fulfilling and carefree. Then we turned in our papers and as we sang a worship song they brought up these big hands onto the stage representing the hands of Jesus and then the leaders poured out all our our worries in front of the hands. Just watching all of that happen impacted me very much. It made me realize that I do worry a lot when I really shouldn't. If I just look to our Lord for guidance, my worries will be ceased. However, I know that no matter how much I do believe that, and I do believe that, I will always worry, as I know just about everyone does. Here's some Bible verses I found that lend some comfort and guidance when it comes to worrying.

"Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Jesus Christ." ~Philippians 4: 6-7

"Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." ~Matthew 6: 34

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me." ~Psalm 23: 4

"Cast your burden upon the Lord and He will sustain you: He will never allow the righteous to be shaken" ~Psalm 55:22

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." ~Proverbs 3: 5-6

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is life not more important than food and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life." ~Matthew 6: 25-27

"Cast all your anxiety on Him because He cares for you." ~1 Peter 5:7


Future Posts:
*Apartments
*Jobs
*Randomness of me
*Traffic
*Guarding the heart/ defining moment
*National Anthem
*Inner core
*Singing
*Growing Up
*Crying
*Blast from the Past
*Semi-Trucks
(I know there's a lot to write about but I'll get to them all, I promise.)


Quote:
"The best way to find out if we had second-class citizens and what their plight was, would be to become one of them."
~ John Howard Griffin