Saturday, February 10, 2007

Week Three

So I just realized that it is the end of yet another school week. It actually went by pretty quick. Nothing too eventful really happened, but we'll recap anyways.
Monday: I didn't have costume class so it was nice being able to come straight home at 11 and have a five hour break before my next class. However my 4:00 class was disastrous since I didn't know we had anything to turn in. But oh well. Then I hung out with Nat and Michelle in Nat's dorm and we played cards before heading down to Dorm Revival. We played a game at Dorm Revival but I wasn't a fan because it involved running around people and trying to catch or not be caught. And I fall a lot so I wasn't a fan. Then I told my small group a story that I rarely ever tell people and I was very shocked with myself for saying it since it is somewhat personal. But oh well, what's done has been done. Afterwards we went to our normal hang out spot and I made it to Chipotle 5 minutes before it closed. I was happy.
Tuesday: I had work and it was a new semester for them and I had to work with some new kids and it was pretty intimidating. But I survived. Then on my break I went to the library and checked out some movies. I've watched two so far and have to watch the other three before Tuesday. Let's see, what else did I do. Oh yea, I cut out a coupon for free Golden Spoon and then I used it.
Wednesday: I had class and campus crusade which is always fun. I read a lot from the book Ryan had loaned me. I was able to get through it a lot when I walked to school so it was cool. Then Merrilee drove me home and then me and my roommates went to Costco. I had a lot of energy because some smart person gave me caffeine. But yea it was a lot of fun. Then my roomie Cassie made us dinner and then after that my roommate Amy and I went on a hunt for dessert. Then we all sat and watched Never Been Kissed and ate Ben and Jerry's.
Thursday: I skipped work because I was just so tired and could not get my self out of bed. And it was lucky because when I called the teacher I work for my voice just happened to be dead so she just assumed I was sick and I just went along with it. Then at noon I went to watch Richard perform at the TSU Pub and let me tell you, he was absolutely AMAZING! But yea, then I went home and finished the book I was reading.
Friday: I went to my first two classes but skipped my acting class because my mom was coming up at 11 and I needed to clean and I wouldn't have been able to if I went to class. Then my mom, Cassie, and myself went to our new apartment to sign the lease and pay the rest of our deposit. So we are pretty much set and it is very exciting. Later we dropped Cass off and my mom and I went to CPK for lunch. It was yummy, Then she took me shopping at Target and we purchased some essentials for the apartment and also socks. Then I took a nap and woke up just in time for the girls Bible study at Amy Grace and Merrilee's apartment. It was nice not having to drive somewhere for once, all I had to do was just walk around the pool and then BAM! there I was!. It was a really good session. Then we had our movie night and watched a very interesting movie called The Big Picture. It was weird but it wasn't half bad. Then we just sat around talking till about, well now!
Saturday: I plan on going down to Temecula and that night I think we are having a family dinner of some sort.
Sunday: Church at Rancho for the first time in a while and then I'll probably make a surprise appearance at the Pointe before heading up to Fullerton to attend the carpool to Rock Harbor.

Eventful, I know. I wonder what the next week has in store for me!!!


*Too tired to posts the future posts, I'll put them back up tomorrow!

2 comments:

Amy Grace said...

I love that you live so close! I am sad you are leaving =(

AJ Harbison said...

Hey Rowley,
I just caught up on your past 5 posts. You're too fast--I can't keep up!

Regarding music and lyrics: Being a composer, naturally I listen a lot to the music, and being a songwriter, naturally I listen a lot to the lyrics too. Good lyrics definitely make a good song, and can often save subpar music; and good music can save subpar lyrics as well. One of the most tightly coherent musical and lyrical experiences I've had is listening to Coldplay's CD X&Y. I don't know if you've heard it but if you haven't you need to. Their music is amazing--really well-written, even from a classical-music, composition viewpoint--and their lyrics are simple but deep. Both the lyrics and the music use small, simple building blocks to create something much larger and much more complex, and as a result the whole is so tightly integrated that it becomes one of the best CDs I've ever heard.

I didn't mean to rant for so long; but you really need to hear that CD if you haven't. I'm excited about your new apartment. I'll have to go hang out there sometime.

AJ
<><