Monday, February 12, 2007

He Loves Me, He Loves Me Not

It's that time again. Valentines Day. I kind of have mixed emotions about this holiday. I mean it one sense I get really excited over it and act like a kid and I like to go any buy valentines to pass out to all my friends. But then in another sense, it's a holiday focused mainly around couples. People professing their love for one another. As I like to joke around with people I'm 18 years and going strong. Meaning, I'm 18 and I've never had a valentine. It's kind of sad but it's not something I like to dwell on. I would absolutely LOVE it if I had V-day plans even if it was just with friends or something but I'm not going to sit around and mope because I don't have a date. I mean God has someone in mind just for me. I may have met that person and neither of us realizes it but even if not, I am ONLY 18, I've got the rest of my life to have a valentine. But it is kind of hard because there is someone who I like (well actually 2 but we won't get into that) and it's hard to not think how great it would be to be with that person. It's really hard for me to like people because they always just see me as friends and as much as I love our friendship sometimes it's just not enough and certainly not what I'm looking for. But that's ok. This year Valentines Day lands on Wednesday the same day as Campus Crusade so I will get to be around all the people I love, and that's what the day is for anyways right? I will pass out my little goodies because that's what I do and then as of now my plans are to sit at home, eat some ice cream, and probably watch How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days. But I'm up for alternate plans if the right offer comes along. Haha yea....Love you guys! I hope Valentines Day is wonderful for all of you, single or not.


Future Posts:
*Apartments
*Jobs
*Randomness of me
*Traffic
*Guarding the heart/ defining moment
*National Anthem
*Singing
*Growing Up
*Crying
*Blast from the Past
*Semi-Trucks
(I know there's a lot to write about but I'll get to them all, I promise.)


Quote:
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves."
~Thomas Edison

1 comment:

AJ Harbison said...

Hey Rowley,
I can definitely sympathize with you on pretty much all of these counts. By the amazing and very much undeserved grace of God, this year will be the first that I will have a valentine--and I'm very excited about it. But stay strong. I pined over not having a girlfriend for years, on and off; but once I finally got over it and decided I was okay for the present, God decided to bless me quite unexpectedly. I know that's hard at the moment, and I'm sure you've heard it before, but it's a really good exercise of faith to wrestle with the issue, be honest about it before God, and finally give it up to him.

And in the meantime, there's nothing wrong with friend valentines whatsoever.

AJ
<><