Tuesday, January 16, 2007

You're Going To Hollywood

It's that time again, yes, American Idol time. I remember my freshman year of highschool when that show first aired. I loved the show and I watched it all the time and even voted. Kelly Clarkson won and I love her and her music. Then came season two- five and with them thousands and thousands of hopeful singers just wanting to make their dreams come true. Ever since that first episode I always wanted to go audition for it. I even began thinking of a song I would choose as my audition song. It's not as though I thought/think I could ever become thee American Idol but I always wanted to do it just to see how far I could go. I mean people have told me I sing well but I don't know, I always have this thing inside of me saying that people may just be telling me what I want to hear. Now in some instances that may be the truth and in some not. But I just wanted to go audition and if I didn't make it through I was always going to ask "Was I at least better than someone", it's not that I want to be better than people, but if I am better than someone then that must mean I have some bit of talent. When I started school in Temecula a lot of people from my choir or choirs before then would go and audition only to have their dreams crushed by the pre-judges. Every time that happens I ask myself, what happened to my dream? Didn't I once upon a time want to be a singer? Isn't singing what I love to do the most? From karaoke to worship at church, singing is my thing. But another season of American Idol will come and go and I will be here, on my couch, watching yet another group of people either reach their dreams or have them crushed. It shall be interesting to see who will be our supposedly next "Idol".


Future Posts:
*Apartments
*Jobs
*School
*Random thoughts of me....doorbells/spinning in circles....exciting...I know.


Quote:
"The bravest thing you can do is dare to be yourself"

No comments: