Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Now I Have Two Forks In My Cheesecake

Ok so the other day...Moday...my roommate, our friend, and myself decided to make a cheesecake run so we made our trek to the Cheesecake Factory and ordered our wonderfully delicious cheesecake. On our way back we were like hey let's go get some Golden Spoon too! Yea afterwards we realized that, that was probably not the best of ideas but oh well. So anyways, later in the night I went to get my left over cheesecake out of the fridge and I also went to get a fork for it. When I went to sit down however and I realized that there already was a fork in my cheesecake that I left in there from earlier. For some reason, I thought this was a quite funny event and I was like hey, there is the title of my next post.
Ok now I'm going to try to turn the meaning of my story in a somewhat philosophical message.
How many times do we ask for something for Christmas or our birthdays that we know we don't need and once we have we forget we have it. I know that it has happened to me numerous times. And then not only do we forget what we have but then we go and buy something similar only to have two things lie forgotten in our closets or under our beds. Now how lame is that? I mean some people have absolutely nothing and would love to have even a smidge of what we have yet they don't and we have so much that means nothing to us. It really isn't fair huh? I mean if I could, I'd give away just about everything in my closet right now because I hardly use any of it and I don't even know what is in there anymore. But I would really have to go through it first to confirm that I didn't give anything of personal meaning to me. Still, it isn't very fair, even with the right mind set, even the greatest of missionaries have trouble giving away some of their belongings. We always have more than we need, and that's just the way it will be. We can make a difference for some, but there will always be those who ask and ask and ask for stuff they don't need, will never use, and will end up forgotten.


Future Posts:
*Apartment/Apartment hunting
*Job
*Cheating Scandal
*Doorbells
*Spinning in circles to make decisions

Quote:
"Put your faith in what you most believe in"- Tarzan the musical.

1 comment:

Ryan Maguire said...

I have been thinking about similar things lately. We as Americans are very priveledged to have what we do. Even people who would be considered to be living below the poverty line have more than most people do in third world countries.