Wednesday, January 17, 2007

And If I Die Before I Wake

It's amazing how quickly things can change that alter our lives. You can be having an awesome day, everything going the way it should and then all of a sudden you get a call from someone and your world comes crashing down. Tonight while me and my roommate were hanging out her brother called her. She's been worried about her family lately because both her aunt and he grandmother were diagnosed with breast cancer. She had talked to her brother earlier today just to talk so I knew that another call from him in the night was not a good sign. I listened to her side of the conversation when I heard the not so good anticipated gasp and I just knew something was wrong. She told me her grandmother had just passed away. My roomie's been handling it ok but I know it will hit her more once she goes home and is with her family. Now I didn't know her grandmother but I know she was a woman with life just flowing from her. I could tell from the way my roommate spoke about her and from the card we've had on our fridge from her just writing to say hello. I feel sad for my roommate because I know what a loss this must be.
This whole thing got be thinking though, as most things do. It really brings to mind the saying "live life to the fullest". I mean sometimes life gets you down and it's hard to get back up but if we live our lives laying down then we can really miss out on the finer things in life. If I die early, or when I die at all, I want people to remember me as someone who just lived a good life, who although went through some hard times, made the best of everything. And if I were to lose someone close to me, I'd want to make sure that I made every day spent with them something to remember for always. I mean if I don't live life with some kind of bright spirits and hopeful outlooks then I could've missed out on some of my most cherished experiences. And if I don't spend quality time with people then how will anyone ever know how I feel about them. So never take anything for granted. There's always something to be thankful for and always something to live for. I love you all. Prayers for my roommate Cassie would be much appreciated. Thank you.


Future Posts:
*Apartments
*Jobs
*School
*Randomness of me
*Vanity



Quote:
"Tell that someone that you love, just what you're thinking of, if tomorrow never comes."
~Garth Brooks

1 comment:

AJ Harbison said...

Hey Jessica!

So I finally got around to checking out your blog. Therefore, you should add me to your links. :p

I really appreciate the fact that you use correct spelling, grammar and punctuation. Mad props. You don't see that enough on the internet these days; and I have to admit that I was slightly surprised to come across it here. Not that I expected you just to be like everyone else, but I hardly dared hope that I would ever find a blog which is not in some way an affront to the English language. Apart from mine and my brother's.

Hmm, I probably just offended a whole lot of people....

I love the "future posts" and "quote" sections at the end of each entry. Keep it coming, and I'll keep coming back.

AJ
<><