Saturday, January 6, 2007

I Don't Fail Classes, I Fail Life

Ok, I know, the title is a bit dramatic but I don't really care! I'm am so very irritated, discouraged, upset, frustrated, let-down, and any other words that are synonyms to those listed! I just got all my grades for my first semester of college, and if you can't tell by now, I'm not very happy with the results! Here's the final grades and with them my thoughts:
ART OF THEATRE: B+: I was expecting an A so getting a B was not really something I celebrated.
INTRO TO STAGECRAFT: C+: Ok so I know I haven't posted the "Cheating Scandal" yet but for those who do, you know I should be thankful I didn't fail the class. And don't get me wrong, I'm extremely glad I passed the class but I thought with all the hard work I put into that class from staying up night after night after night and putting in 30 hours in the Scenic Lab I could have at least managed a B-.
ORAL COMM OF LITERATURE: B: Not much to say on this because I expected a B and so that is what I got and I'm perfectly ok with it.
PRODUCTION & PERFORMANCE 478B: A: Yea I was expecting that too and the class really wasn't that challenging so not too much of an accomplishment.
COLLEGE ALGEBRA: C+: Yea so I knew I had a C the whole semester but I thought with the last bit of hw and the extra credit and the excused assignments and the final I could have brought it up to a B but yea guess I was wrong.
A
B
B
C
C
GPA: 2.87
That was the killer...the GPA, I have never NEVER NEVER gotten lower than a 3.0, now that I think of it, I've never ever had a 3.0! I don't even know how this happened. I mean I'd understand if I slacked off the whole semester and never did anything but NO! I actually tried and like it doesn't even matter! This is seriously the most horrible thing to happen yet! Even worse than the cheating thing! I didn't even fail a class! I mean those grades are decent! But will my mother see that?? NOPE! She won't care. And I just don't know what to do and I've hit so many roadblocks in this college experience that now I realize why a lot of college freshman drop out. It's just so hard to continue for something and work hard for it when so many things are against you. I wish graduation was here so I can just move to Mexico and not worry about even of this anymore!




*Due to the frustration of this note I am skipping the future posts and quote section...they will return on my next post.

1 comment:

Ryan Maguire said...

I admire your disgust at your grades. Once you get to be my age, you just stop caring. Jk...kind of. Your grades honestly weren't that bad for your 1st semester of college. At least you didn't get a D- in Math 115 like myself.