Saturday, January 20, 2007

This Town Ain't Big Enough For The Both Of Us

So today my mother told me she and my step-father had plans that night, so I was like hmm ok I will just go to the movies by myself since I was in Temecula and no one else was around. But then she told me that her plans got changed and so we all went out to dinner and then to see a movie. On our way back, we had to stop at the grocery store to pick up some laundry detergent so that I could do my laundry (go figure). As we were driving down the lovely HWY 79 I realized I hardly ever drive down far enough like I use to. We were driving and I noticed a stop light I never saw before but the thing that irritated me the most was what I saw just a bit further down. Down by our Ralphs I spotted a sign that looked vaguely familiar. That's when I turned my head towards the window and I saw the beginnings of a Best Buy. Now it's not that I have anything against Best Buy but we don't need one by the Ralphs! We don't need one in Temecula period! I mean it just looked so out of place in that small shopping center! They are also building an Office Max even though Staples is right down the street! I'm so sick of people trying to cram more and more resturants/stores/buildings/homes into Temecula! There's not enough room for it all! When I first learned the existence of Temecula it was a small town with hardly anything, not even a Walmart. But now, it just seems so over crowded! It takes forever to get anywhere due to the newly developed traffic! I just can't stand it anymore. I guess you can't really understand this frustration unless you know the Temecula area or another use-to-be small town. It's just so irritating, why do they need to keep building? We have plenty of stuff! I mean there's a Best Buy in Murrieta just 15 minutes away! It will probably take the same amount of time to jump on the freeway and drive the couple exits to Murrieta as it will to get to the one off HWY 79 because of all the new stoplights and other obscurities.
It's just so frustrating. Why fix something that doesn't need to be fixed? Just let things be.


Can't wait for that waterpark to come in! (not even kidding, they're going to build one in Temecula too!)



Future Posts:
*Apartments
*Jobs
*School
*Randomness of me
*Traffic
*Solitary
*Musicals
*National Anthem

*Inner core
*Singing


Quotes:
"Laughter is my medicine. Music is my gift. Acting is my passion. True friends are my saving grace. God is my hero!"
~Ryan Boone (a friend of my brother, he had this as his myspace headline and I just found it to be moving, so I thought I'd share it.)

2 comments:

Ryan Maguire said...

I find the development in Temecula frustrasting as well! Mainly because I'm jealous that they are getting the stuff I wish Murrieta had. Temecula bugs me. They have two In-N-Outs while we don't even have one! It's not like Temecula is this big metropolitan area while Murrieta is just this small town to the north. You guys only have about a couple thousand more people than us. I would like to end this post by saying Temecula sucks and so do the Golden Bears!

AJ Harbison said...

Can I vote for the "Solitary" entry next? That sounds interesting....

AJ
<><